Friday, May 5, 2017

7 Years

My last blog post I wrote before Easter,
literally the day before Easter.
Little did I know then, my sweet Papa would pass Easter morning.

It's been a weird few weeks.
We knew Papa was in the last chapter of life. But, it still doesn't make it easy.

I had been with him two weeks before, being a caregiver with my sweet cousin, Erika. So that my mom and aunts could have a long weekend away.

It was an emotionally hard weekend, but I'm thankful for that time.
My Papa was such a man's man and always taking care and providing for his family. And being that caregiver for him, though brief, was sweet and humbling.

My sweet Papa passed in his sleep.
He was with the Lord on Easter morning. Can you imagine a sweeter time to be in Heaven?
Anyway, there has been some adjusting to the new norm.
I'm just so thankful and at peace knowing my Papa is in Heaven.
As a Christian, there is hope and joy in the future. Since we know life doesn't just end after our mortal body breaks down.

That said, life on Earth still marches on.

Justin and I just celebrated our 7th year of marriage.
Looking back at the time we have shared and the growth between us and in our marriage....I can't help but be so grateful and also humbled.

Marriage isn't easy. And we started off on a rocky foot.
I was young and my longest relationship prior was in high school.
I had never lived with a man (besides my brothers) and I had to learn a lot about being selfless, being an adult and just growing in Christ. There were growing pains. Then throw in kids, house renovations, mixing in family and all the baggage one brings to the table. It took some major adjusting. I will admit that the gist of issues were on me. I was 22. And, that is young in my eyes! Ha!

I am thankful for those harder times, because I now appreciate these sweet days so much more.
Justin is my rock. He truly is. I cannot imagine a man better for me or our sons.
He works harder than anyone I know. He constantly gives himself to me and our children. He never, ever takes time for himself. He is SO selfless. Always giving to me in anything I need or ask for.
I truly feel special and thankful to be his wife.
I know this is all mushy but it's the truth. He is just a good, good, GOOD man.

I always know I can count on him. And I can't thank God enough for the lessons we have learned together, the prayers we have shared and the man he continues to grow and evolves to be.

Justin's love language is acts of service and gifts. So, he obviously does this for me as well.
He will clean the house up and down, so I have no chores. He will make dinner, lunch, breakfast, go to the grocery store, put away every piece of laundry, plant me flowers, clean my car, scrub the kitchen, clean the floors, vacuum everything, scrub the counters/oven, clean the yard...He literally just does and does!

And if that's not enough he will tackle the honey do list, take care of the kids, wash, bathe, put them down, play with them non stop, help with homeschool, do projects, crafts, coach their sports, take them to practice & so on!

He literally tries to make sure my job as a mother is as easy as possible. I have never known a man to help out so much around the home and with their children.

He then likes to surprise me with amazing gifts. Flowers, chocolates, tickets to events, art, items he made. (He can sew, build and weld!)
He doesn't just SAY something...He actually DOES something. I mean, if that isn't something a woman wants...then I don't know what it is!

I really wish I could be half as good to him as he is me. Ha!

I will say this, I adore this man and to this day he still makes my heart flutter. He is still as handsome as he was when I was introduced to him. I still look at him like I did when we dated. He is such a good one. And if anything in these 7 years of marriage, I can still say above all else, I love him more now than ever. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God above for Justin. I feel so, so, so blessed to be his wife.

Okay, sorry for all the mushy. I legitimately just am so grateful for these past 7 years.

Until next time,

HK







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: