Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What I won't apologize for

I stumbled across a comment months back on my blog from one person who was well, very angry!

Angry because we were on HGTV and how I claim I'm a Christian. They didn't like how we 'got a house for a half a million dollars....' or something to that effect. And a million other reasons.

To settle the score here folks, our show wasn't exactly real life.
It's TV...and even those reality shows aren't real.
That's all I can say on that, but what the person was really angry about is that my blog is often about faith and God.
They claimed that an 'insecure person' is normally who talks about God and their beliefs.

I am human. I do have my own insecurities of course.
However, I'm grateful for them because they humble me.
They put me on my knees in prayer with God.
But what I am not insecure about is my beliefs and my faith.

I won't apologize for talking about God on my blog or anywhere, really.
My faith in God is what I'm anchored in.
So, it is the center of my life.
Plain and simple.

My life goes out from here:
My Savior, my husband, My children, family, friends...Texas Longhorns, food....etc ;)

What I must be clear is this, I'm not perfect. Nor will I ever be nor do I ever claim to be. I am just as bad as the next sinner. I fail and ask for forgiveness on a daily basis. I sometimes let my flesh get the best of me.

Being a Christian doesn't make me better. It doesn't exempt me from the hardships of life. Nor does it mean I will always respond in a better way than Joe down the road (no offense Joe down the road). However, with the help of the Holy Spirit, I am able to do a lot better than what I would do on my own accord.

Do you know how much God loves you and me? For that reason alone, I can't help BUT talk about God and my Savior!

He loves me, regardless of being a sinner, my past sins and my future ones.
That alone has me excited!

The fact that I'm extended mercy and grace regardless of my mistakes.
The fact that God gives me peace when I should be worried.
The fact that God holds me and my path even when I don't know what tomorrow holds.
The fact that when I die, I will then be in Heaven praising Him for all eternity.

Is it crazy that I can't help but talk of Him?
Am I a fanatic?
Perhaps!

I promise you, if could just get a glimpse of the love God has for you--then you too couldn't help but talk about Him! He is SO good.

He is waiting for you. He is loving you. Angry or not.
So, if you ever want to know about His love for you, or have questions...then I'm here to help in anyway I can. God is love and He is GOOD.

-Hk

I love this song by Chris Tomlin--it reflects how I feel.

How Can I Keep From Singing

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing




"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." - Ephesians 3:16-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: