Monday, September 22, 2014

Do you have control?

One thing that's for certain is that life is ever changing. Controlling it, well, that rarely happens.

Take my house for example. If you frequently come over, then you will know I clean obsessively. For instance, I have a hard time sitting and visiting because I see things that need to be dusted. I can't help it! I also clean late at night and I scrub and wipe down everything a few times over. 
I'm obsessive...and trust me, if I could lessen down the crazy cleaning, I would.

But, it's who I am. I also do it for some sense of control in life.
As a momma, we have little control over our time and our bodies (especially if you're still nursing.)
I can guarantee if I need to be somewhere, something will happen to make me late.
A kid will run out the backdoor to jump into the fountain, someone will poo on the floor, someone will need another snack, someone will be scaling a piece of furniture, someone will be crying or shrieking and someone is always missing a shoe. 

I've grown use to that. So in order to lessen the crazy, a more 'controlled' house helps.

That said....the control lasts about 2 minutes.
(Like after they wake up and began moving around.) 

So essentially I spend all this time late at night cleaning when I could be sleeping, relaxing or watching TV like a normal person. Instead I look for some control which is silly, especially since my two boys can shred every sense of control and order I have in seconds.
They're good at that.

I use to try to control the mayhem they commence but it's easier to just go with the flow and deal with the fallout later. 

Anyway, my analogy, though not amazing, is life.
We can't control what life brings to us, but we can control our attitudes. 
That's key.

I use to stink at it.
In fact, sometimes I still REALLY stink with my reactions.
Sometimes I lose my cool, sometimes I yell and scream (mainly at kids that don't listen for the 100th time) or sometimes I just need to vent to a loving friend or family member. 

We don't have control over much.
We may can control some things (like what to eat or not) or if we are going to engage in sinful acts, etc. 
But for the most part, we don't control life's stresses, messes or mishaps.

The good thing is, 
as a Christian, I don't have to understand or have control.

I  know who controls all things and sustains all things.
The Bible says, 
"In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." -Job 12:10

If that doesn't get you, the Bible also says,

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." -Proverbs 16:9

"You are worthy, our Lord and God to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." -Revelation 4:11

Basically, God has everything in control. He knows each and every being. He created us. So He knows our struggles.  Everything that happens, be it good or bad, crazy or messy is known to Him. He knows what we face. He knows the path in front of us. 

I definitely lack faith at times (if any read my posts this summer about my surgery), however, I am constantly reminded that HE has us.

We don't have the control, He does.

So, my sweet friends, instead of us trying to fix the stresses or in my case, clean the messes, let's abide in Him. Our success at trying to control life will only be short lived. Let's nestle up to our King, praising Him at the same time knowing He has our future and paths all figured out. He can restore us and He can give us peace.

God's got this, He says so Himself.

"I am the Lord, the GOD of ALL mankind.
 Is anything too hard for me?" -Jeremiah 32:27


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: