Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Happy Wednesday!

So many posts to do SO little time ;)
But, this post will only cover boot camp--instead of my usual dumping everything into one rambling post.

This morning I had boot camp.
I use to be an avid boot camp contender pre-Kix days.
It took weeks and weeks to build up any endurance. 
It was a humbling experience those first few months.
The athlete in me that had been buried away under pounds of fat and months of pregnancy and resting due to csection recovery/complications and bed rest begin to emerge.

I began to feel alive again.
 My muscles that hadn't been flexed or used in ages began to pump blood through them.
Sweat that only could come from a vigorous workout started to cleanse my body from medication and bad foods I had enjoyed for so long.

I found my athlete again.
I loved the competition, I enjoyed pushing myself---and before long, instead of being last in every race or fitness drill--I was starting to finish first in many things.
Of course, this was months and months of waking up at 5:30am and busting my bottom.

It took time.
And I wanted to give up a lot.
There were many mornings Justin had to push me out of bed.
I may not of achieved the bikini body you see in fitness magazines, but I was strong again.
I could run, I could jump, I could do burpees, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, planks, crunches, bear crawls...you name it!

My abdomen walls that had been sliced through during the csection begin to have feeling again.
I could flex them--and though they always feel a little weaker than the rest of my body--I began to grow stronger there too.

I no longer was out of breath walking up a flight of stairs...
I could run a few miles even!
Hey, I could even crank out 6 or 7 miles after a few months.

But, that was THEN,

Fast forward...
Second pregnancy, second baby--second c-section.
Add 50lbs.

This time, I had an excuse.
Right?
And I used that excuse.
I used it up until this past week.

I have no time.
I don't get sleep.
It's too much work.
I can do it alone.
I have things to do.
I have TWO kids.
I have a million things to do!
I can't...
I can't...
I CAN'T.

I got tired of my excuses.

So, I signed back up.

And here I am.

Am I tired?
YES
AM I sore?
YES
Am I fat?  the politically correct word would be overweight* and the answer would still be yes!
YES
Am I out of shape?
YES

BUT...
Am I ready to be strong again?
YES
AM I ready to run and keep up with my toddler?
YES
AM I ready to find my athlete?
YES
AM I ready to use this body the way God intended me to?
OF COURSE!

God, gave me this body.
I should cherish it.
And treat it well!

Just because it is now full of scars, cellulite, extra meat (especially on my love handles) and I have a nice spare tire does NOT mean I should treat it poorly!

This body is my temple.
I want to be strong for my children, for myself, for my husband.

Do I want to lose weight and fit back in my old clothes?
YES

But, most importantly...I enjoy chasing the natural, beautiful high from endorphins.
I enjoy the sweat.
The feeling of pushing myself to the verge of passing out and throwing up.

I am so grateful to my Lord Jesus that I have TWO LEGS, TWO ARMS and perfectly CAPABLE of working out and making myself healthy.

I owe it to myself.
I owe it to my wonderful Creator.
He allowed me to have children,  two of my biggest blessings.
So to give glory to Him, I should respect and use my body in a healthy manner.

I'm ready to be strong.
I am ready to run again.
I'm ready! :)

On that note,
I've got 4 weeks of boot camp before vacation.
I took measurements...

And from the last time I took measurements,
in December--I'm down 9 1/2 inches.
That's not that much considering.
Most being from my hips and thighs (3 inches both)

I had a goal to lose 10lbs before we leave for the beach--but I think I'm going to change that goal to 5lbs. I can't diet too hard because I am breastfeeding--and I'm still responsible for the majority of Kix's diet.

I'll re-evaluate my goals after boot camp--and of course post them here.

Until next time,
hk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: