Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hot Mom Update

get it gurrrl
Hello friends and loved ones!

A little update on the current HOT MOM status...
I started the Shred again (after finding it in the freezer...check previous post)
and that Jillian Michaels is a hoss!

Between Kie turning on and off the TV, Kix needing to be held, my bum knee and my tendentious elbow flaring up...
It was pretty much a bust.

Seriously, why was my ole softball throwing arm hurting?
I mean, yes I did abuse it for years and years---but why is it hurting now?

The Shred is definitely not good for gals with bad knees....
and the ab work didn't really happen so much because of the c-section.
(Basically I think the OB removed my abs when he delivered the baby)

Oh well, I didn't stick to the DVD long because the kiddos became restless...
so we loaded up the car (this alone is a small feat) and headed to Town Lake for some time in the sun and fresh air.

The stroll was great and there was minimal meltdowns.
I packed plenty of snacks so that we could do at least a 3mile hike.

Kix was great in the carrier and I felt pretty good.
My stamina is not quite where I want it to be...and I have yet to make an entire loop around---but I'm getting there!

The pushing of a stroller and wearing Kix is a lot, especially on all the different terrain and hills.
We were going to go today but it was a bit muddy from the rain and I had plans to catch up on work.
So I decided to lace up my shoes and head to the back yard to attempt some HIIT. (High intensity interval training)

That was also a bust.
Mainly because there was nothing high impact or intense about my sprints.

I just kept scanning the fence line and praying no one would look over to see this momma running back and forth.
lol

Basically all these failing workouts have me more motivated.
I have a long ways to go to be strong again.

Speaking of more motivation....
there's a big chance we will be heading to the beach again this July.
Nonetheless, we spend the majority of the summer on the lake--so I need to keep that in mind next time I make two dozen cookies and decided to eat 17 of them throughout the day as breakfast/lunch and dinner.

So yes, I'm still 'at it' in a sense...
and I am going to step up my game (keep pushing forward) and work towards a stronger and leaner Halley!

Btw, this time last year I had been training for my first half-marathon--and had been doing numerous detoxes.....only to find out I was expecting!

Crazy how time flies!
Oh yes, check out my little friend whose by me as I write this on the floor.

Happy Healthy Wednesday my friends!

-hk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: