Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day & Happy 3 Months!

It's a beautiful SNOWY day here in Austin, Texas!  The sun is shining, the sky is a beautiful blue and the trees, houses and cars are all covered in white snow!  Of course it is starting to melt already, but I was able to take in the quiet, peaceful snow day a bit early.  Kie and I were up nursing around 3:45 am and we watched the snow fall peacefully while the rest of the city slept.  Of course, like an excited school girl, I woke up Justin to inform him about our winter wonderland.  He then informed me he would see it in two more hours because "it will still be there when I get up."

It seemed most of our friends and family got classes and work cancelled because of the snow day. Not Justin.  He tried going into work around 7 this morning but could not get down Lamar. (A major street that goes downtown to his work.)  He witnessed a few cars playing 'bumper cars' and drove back home to wait it out for a bit. 

He then went in at 9AM, leaving me and little man to enjoy the snow day together.  

So far we have worn two snow outfits.  The reason for changing is because Kie is an explosive diaper man.  He prefers to poo outside of his diaper.  He is a magician!  So very talented!  As soon as I change his little diaper and clean up his cute little bottom (or sometimes it calls for a bath) he is already starting on the next!

Also, yesterday was his 3rd month of life!
How crazy and bittersweet, he is growing up so fast! I clean out his closet and drawers almost weekly.  For now I'm stashing his clothes in some boxes for the next baby.  He even has a lot of clothes he's worn just once, or some he never got to wear.  Right now he is wearing 3-6 months, but those are sometimes even too small, depending the brand.  Kie is a big ole boy!  I love his sweet chunky monkey legs and his double chins.  It makes me feel good to know momma's milk is all he needs and is making him grow.  And Justin has so much fun picking out clothes for him each weekend.  I swear, Justin loves clothes shopping as much as I do or more.  He always use to spend money on 'going-out' shirts and prided himself in having clothes that were one-of a kind. Seriously, he would never go to The Gap or Macy's for a shirt.  Instead he went to a few local shops that sale only one print of each shirt. And when we dated, he would shell out $200+ dollars for a button down or a t-shirt!  (No ladies, not those horrible Affliction ones!) 

Needless to say, shopping for a gift for him was a nightmare! ;) That has all changed now! Instead his infamous shirts are often getting spit up, poo or pee'd on!  And it doesn't even phase him.  (Btw, that's a sexy look to us momma's, when a man doesn't mind some spit up.) Anyway now Justin shells out the money for baby clothes and duds.  It's the cutest thing.  

Of course, I do miss how J would get all dressed up to go out with me.  He would be wearing his tailored shirts, jeans and European shoes...hmmmm! But, then again I can't expect him to dress to the 'T' when I wear mostly workout/leisure ware.  I wear workout clothes in hopes I'd be inspired. But, in reality elastic is friendly to a new mommy.  Though, every weekend I force myself into jeans for accountability purposes.  --I didn't say I wore em or buttoned them! lol


LASTLY--I have a KIE STORY!

So yesterday (on Kie's 3rd month) we were reading on the couch, Elmer, the book about the patch work elephant, when I leaned in to give Kie a big ole kiss.  He was sitting there smiling and laughing, so with my eyes close.......I lean in and then "BLLAAAHHHH" Kie THROWS UP in my mouth! All the while giggling! I was startled because hello my eyes were closed and he just spit up in my mouth!  

Now, it was just a little bit because obviously I closed my mouth as soon as it hit me. It was so funny because Kie was not phased that he just projectile vomited--and he probably thought it was hilarious how his mom's face turned into a bewildered face of terror. I could not help but laugh either.  Funny how motherhood changes you?  Instead of throwing up myself, I just cleaned myself and him up and laughed!

Of course, baby spit up isn't like the usual throw up.  Still it's not something you want in your mouth...after the baby had it in his!

Anyway, that's my gross momma story.  I wanted to mention it because it will be one of those stories I share with him one day.

Well me and Little Man will be playing inside most of the day and probably venturing out in the stroller here in a few hours.  The sun is up and melting all the snow! 

This weekend we have a Super Bowl Party at our Sunday school teacher's house we may attend.  And I'm also hoping to see some friends we haven't seen in a few weeks.  And MAYBE taking Kie to swim (indoors of course!)

Stay warm everyone!  

Until next time,

-HK-



Daddy J and Kie before work

Enjoying the morning coffee before getting on the snowy roads

Father/Son time


Part of our snowy little house


sweet baby resting after playing in the snow


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. I laughed out loud for like two minutes about that story of Kie throwing up in your mouth. HHAAHAH!! that is hilarious. I love your stories and your blog. And I awarded you with the stylish blogger award! :) Go to my blog to see how to get it!

    (I got this from someone else and it was so hard to award it to 8 people because let's face it, I don't really know that many people..but I did it anyway and you can accept the award without finding 8 people. haha!)

    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS. I laughed out loud for like two minutes about that story of Kie throwing up in your mouth. HHAAHAH!! that is hilarious. I love your stories and your blog. And I awarded you with the stylish blogger award! :) Go to my blog to see how to get it!

    (I got this from someone else and it was so hard to award it to 8 people because let's face it, I don't really know that many people..but I did it anyway and you can accept the award without finding 8 people. haha!)

    love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: