Monday, August 23, 2010

Anger

 "Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice." Ephesians 4:31


"A man of quick temper acts foolishly,

and a man of evil devices is hated." -Proverbs 14:17


"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them."- Luke 6:31

"Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense." - Proverbs 19:11


"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." -James 1:19-20



One of my biggest weaknesses in life is my anger. It's just an emotion that I'm able to easily get access to.

I've struggled with my anger issues for a long time...and until recently (marrying Justin who is NEVER angry) and attempting therapy and meditating on the Bible has really helped.

This past week was very, very hard on me.  I am angry, because a lot of time and emotions were put into a particular situation and they were all spent in vain.

The certain person has many, many issues that I wish I could of helped with, but was unable to due to the lack of knowledge of the subject, being 7 months pregnant and not being a professional. (Professional help definitely was needed.)
 There was not much I, nor my husband could do.

We had to make a tough decision.  But one we had to stick with.  Unfortunately, the tough decision upset this person who needed help.

And though it was hard for me to not help them, we had to ultimately take care of ourselves before we could possibly be in a position to take care of them.


This person, now, has hurt us and disrespected us.  Which, I was semi expecting....so I don't know why I feel so upset or angry.  I could of called it!

I just really wish I was more like Christ! Jesus was persecuted by the people who were once proclaiming Him King and asking Him to perform miracles.  Then a week later, the same people had Him nailed to the cross.

All along, Jesus knew these people would turn on Him.

Just amazes me how wonderful, patient and loving He was and still is!

I will continue to work on my anger and my emotions.  I know that I'm just human and that generally, I do try to do the best I can.  Sometimes I have to make difficult decisions and I hope that next time I won't be cynical (if ever faced in a similar situation.) 

In life we have to learn lessons the hard way sometimes and I guess this was something I couldn't avoid.  Not much I can do now but pray that I let go of any negative feelings.


This week taught me that it is better to be nice either way because your conscience will be easier on you for it. (Thankfully I was.)

And this week showed me how many great friends I have to depend on--and lastly, that I'm forever grateful that I have a great husband who does strive everyday to be a better person.

It's because of my husband and my new unborn baby that I wish to be a better Christian, wife and mother.  And everyday, I will TRY my best to do so.

I may fail, but I will never lose sight on Whom I strive to be like.



-HK









No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: